Last year the first #Twentalhealthawards were held on the World of Mentalists blog, recognising the best in mental health tweeting. It’s now returning for a second time, and you lot get to decide the winners.
Meanwhile, the judges for the This Week in Mentalists Awards 2013 have been voting on the shortlist of mental health blogs and vlogs, and the results will be announced publicly on 21st December. Meanwhile, you can still nominate up to that date in the Best New Blog/Vlog and Most Sadly Missed Blog/Vlog categories by clicking here and leaving a comment.
For the #Twentalhealthawards, the categories are:
Professional Not Otherwise Specified (basically a professional involved in mental health who isn’t a psychiatrist, psychologist, nurse, social worker or OT)
1. Submit your nominations by leaving them in a comment to the blog post announcing nominations (ie. this). Each individual can nominate as many Twitter accounts as they like, in as many categories as they like. However, they must submit at least two tweeters overall for nomination.
2. For impartiality reasons, my own Twitter feed @thus_spake_z, and that of this blog @quinonostante and my other blog @NotSoBigSociety, are not eligible for these awards.
3. NO SPAMMING/MANIPULATING THE NOMINATIONS! Suspicious nomination patterns may result in a tweeter being disqualified from the awards. In the event of any suspicious nomination patterns, the decision of the adjudicators (Phil and Dawn) will be final.
4. The tweeters with the most nominations in each category will be declared the winner. Up to two runner-up prizes in each category will also be awarded. To be eligible for a runner-up prize, a Twitter feed must have received at least three nominations.
5. Only public Twitter accounts are eligible for the awards.
6. You cannot nominate your own Twitter feed.
7. You can nominate a feed in more than one category (e.g. if you think a tweeter is both “subversive” and “helpful” you can nominate them in both). This would only not be the case if a feed bears no relation to the category title (e.g. nominating a tweeter for “nursing” if their content was nothing to do with nursing). In the event of any confusion on this, the adjudicators will make a final decision.
8. Winners will be announced on Saturday 4th January 2014.